Take heart! Every traveler loses their sense of direction over many miles--it's simply part of being on a journey. It's wise to take out a compass and draw a line to something immovable. It's wonderful to rest, breathe, laugh, and connect with your fellow travelers. Suddenly things start to make sense again.
Reorient will help you triangulate to the essentials:
Encounter the Father, Son and Holy Spirit through interactive biblical teaching and wild, free worship.
Take your place in the greatest story you could imagine as you realize your essential role in the gospel.
Gear up for the mission in your local environment to make disciples and establish the kingdom of God on earth as it is in heaven.
What to Expect
- Come with your small group, leadership team, or missional community for an extended weekend discipleship intensive and return to your local fellowship equipped, resourced, and inspired! (group rates are available)
- Interactive teaching and ministry times that will give you a fresh experience of the Triune God, his story, and our mission.
- Afternoon leadership sessions to resource you for carrying the Biblical framework for living out the Gospel as the family of God back to your church community.
- Opportunities for prayer and prophetic ministry
- 24 hour worship and prayer space
- Unspoiled wilderness, amazing food, historic lodging, and an array of family activities
- Child care from the amazing Bear Trap Ranch staff (see below)
- And of course, nightly sessions where we fill the whole valley with the sounds of worship and celebration!
Or, come alone for rest, renewal, and connection.
Tim and Laurie Thornton
Tim and Laurie Thornton are dedicated to making disciples who walk in all the joy, authority, hope and freedom that Jesus promised. Whether in leading worship, teaching, or discipleship their desire is to facilitate moments of encounter with God that will awaken people to their identity in God unto transformation, obedience, and a life of victory in Christ. Currently, Tim and Laurie steward a local missional community in Colorado Springs, where they live with their 3 kids, 3 chickens, and 1 dog.
What you Need to know
The beautiful and historic Bear Trap Ranch is nestled in a gorgeous mountain valley only 30 minutes west of Colorado Springs. The property, which feels truly remote though only 6 miles outside of town, has a long history as place of adventure, rest, and lasting family memories. Watch the video below for a taste of[…]
Children are welcome to come! The wonderful, child-loving staff at Bear Trap Ranch offers fun and age-appropriate activities for children during the daytime teaching sessions. In the past, children have enjoyed building forts, going on hikes, making crafts, and singing songs. In the afternoon free time, your family can enjoy hiking, rock climbing, repelling, horseback[…]
Thursday, June 22 4pm Registration opens. Dinner will not be provided. Please eat before you arrive or bring a picnic dinner with you; there are many picnic tables around and a nice meadow where you can eat. 7pm Welcome and Worship Sunday, June 25 11:00am End of Retreat. Lunch is not provided More details will be provided[…]